Santa Cruz II Galapagos Cruise Ship
Santa Cruz II Galapagos Cruise: World Renown presence in the Enchanted Isles
Known by many as “The Champion of the Galapagos”, Santa Cruz II has become a world-famous leader in sustainability efforts. Celebrated by many for her low guest-to-guide ratio, her sleek design and for her amazing dedication to sustainability. Fitting a max total of 90 guests in 50 comfortable cabins across her three decks, guests can choose from luxuriously appointed single, double and triple cabins and are guaranteed the full attention of her highly competent and experienced naturalist guides, all lead by expedition leaders who are world-famous as some of the most talented and qualified experts in the entire archipelago.
The world standard for Ecologically Responsible Expedition Vessels
A cruise ship is an ideal way to explore the Galapagos. The highly advanced Santa Cruz II is an Expedition Vessel specifically designed to operate in isolated regions, making it the perfect fit for exploring the remote Galapagos Islands. Our state-of-the-art design affords the perfect infrastructure for exploration. Discover the Galapagos the same way the early explorers did, with no other boats in sight! We guarantee exclusive access to the islands so you’ll always feel like the visitor site is there just for you. Small groups – average just 12 guests or fewer per guide- are guaranteed and all the required equipment is ready and set for your convenience. In case of the unlikely event of an emergency, our onboard Medical Officer is available on site, 24 hours a day.
With some of the latest advances in sustainable sailing, the Santa Cruz II Galapagos Cruise also aims to protect the delicate and beautiful ecosystem that it explores. Modern engine technology economizes fuel consumption and our onboard water desalination and treatment plants protect the waters around the Galapagos. But we take it a step further: when traveling aboard the Santa Cruz II, your footprint is minimized and your visit becomes part of conservation efforts thanks to a company-wide commitment to sustainability. The footprint caused by your visit to the Galapagos isn’t just reduced, it is actually offset and canceled via our exemplary Carbon Neutral Program. When traveling aboard our Cruise Ship, our CO2 Reduction Strategies will ensure you become a sustainable traveler!
- Free shore excursions natural history lectures and transfers in the Galapagos.
- Free transfers airport/hotel/airport for Galapagos cruise departures to major hotels in Quito and Guayaquil.
- Free consultations with our Medical officer, on-call 24/7.
- WiFi and internet access (intermittent and low-bandwidth)
- Top-ranking naval officers as Captains and First Officers
- 60+ years of experience and reliability
Facilities & Amenities
- Bar and Lounge
- Outdoor terrace / BBQ
- Gift shop
- Fitness Room
- Reading room and natural history library
- Multiple purpose room
- Hot tubs (2)
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Satellite telephone
- PA system
- Wi-Fi hotspot (intermittent/ low bandwidth connection)
- 24/7 coffee station (free coffee, tea, and water)
- Safe-deposit box (in cabin)
- Snorkeling equipment
- Wet suit rental
- Glass bottom boat
- Pangas (inflatable dinghies for coastal exploration)