Galapagos and Quito Enchantments Package – 7D/6N for $5,316 per person
Day by Day
Welcome to Quito, Ecuador! At the airport, you will be greeted by a member of our team who will assist you with your luggage and transfer to your hotel. During the ride, you will receive a brief introduction of Quito and Ecuador along with valuable information regarding your stay in the country.
Quito’s Historic Center – the largest and best-preserved Colonial Quarter in South America – is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On this day, we will take a stroll through the Independence Plaza, which itself is flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace.
After that, we will visit the La Compañia de Jesús Church and admire its gilded interior before continuing onwards to the San Francisco Church and Convent – one of the largest architectural structures within a historic center in the Americas. Its impressive façade and atrium lead into its equally impressive Baroque interior.
Afterwards, you’ll head to the Middle of the World and get to place both feet on each side of our planet’s equator!
At the end of the tour you’ll be taken back to your hotel. Overnight in Quito.
On this morning, you’ll be transferred to Quito’s airport to board your flight to the Galapagos Islands!
*Please note that this is a sample vessel and itinerary.
Our Western Galapagos Islands Itinerary aboard the Santa Cruz II is one of the many options you can choose for your Galapagos adventure. Ask our Destination Experts about our fleet and available itineraries.
You arrive at Baltra Airport and are shuttled down to the Itabaca Channel where we’ll assist you in taking a ferry across to Santa Cruz Island. In the highlands of Santa Cruz Island, we will enjoy lunch. Afterwards, we will continue down to the town of Puerto Ayora.
Puerto Ayora & the Charles Darwin Research Station (Santa Cruz Island)
Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the numerous giant tortoises that reside there. Afterwards, we will take a stroll down the main street of Puerto Ayora before embarking Yacht Isabela II. After checking in, you’ll be invited to the Captain’s Welcome Cocktail and then dinner.
Santa Fe Island
The idyllic white-sand beach of Santa Fe Island is populated by colonies of sea lions. Galapagos hawks are often easily observed here, typically found sitting perched atop the salt bushes. The brilliantly yellow Santa Fe land iguana, which is exclusive to just this island (in the whole world!), might also be spotted during the walk.
South Plaza Island
The turquoise waters of the channel here contrast brilliantly with the white sand beach and volcanic rocks that make up the shoreline. Along the coastline, we’ll walk right by sea lion colonies while seabirds play along the cliffs of this small but spectacular island.
North Seymour Island
Observe numerous bird colonies as well as sea lions and land iguanas. There are opportunities for snorkeling, dinghy coastal exploration or a glass-bottom boat ride for great views of the underwater world.
Las Bachas (Santa Cruz Island)
This site is an important nesting area for the east Pacific green sea turtles. Las Bachas, located on the north shore of Santa Cruz Island, comes complete with a glorious white-sand beach. Nearby lagoons are the feeding grounds for various wading birds, from stilts all the way to flamingos. You are welcome to swim or snorkel from the beach here.
On this morning, an iconic and postcard-worthy Galapagos feature awaits: Bartolome Island, where the view from the top makes it well worth the climb! There will also be time for you to enjoy the beach as well as do some snorkeling. You can also choose to ride aboard the glass-bottom boat for great views of the underwater world without getting wet.
Sullivan Bay (Santiago Island)
This visitor site comes complete with a white coral-sand beach, which is great for swimming and snorkeling. Additionally, there’s a trail that goes over a lava field that once flowed here less than 100 years ago.
Baltra Island Airport Transfer
After breakfast, you’ll take a transfer to the airport to catch your flight back to the mainland. Safe travels!
Conditions and Not Included
- Rates valid for 2021 except Christmas & New Year (December 18, 2021 – January 04, 2022)
- This package and its accommodation options are subject to availability
- 10% deposit per person is required
- Credit card payments are exempt from additional fees
- Breakfasts and taxes are included for Quito Hotel
- Rates based on double occupancy, for a single quote please contact your destination expert.
- Rates listed are for adults. Please ask your Destination Expert for rates for children under 12 years old.
- Galapagos itineraries are subject to change due to weather conditions, logistical reasons, guests’ safety and/or Galapagos National Park Regulations.
- All entrance fees are subject to change without prior notice
- Restrictions may apply
- Please be aware that you can combine this Package with any of our Galapagos Cruise itineraries. Our Destination Experts will customize the package based on your request and send you a quote.
- Upgrades to Casa Gangotena Hotel Room are $150 per person.
- Airport Transfers
- 2 nights at a premium hotel in Quito
- Half-day Quito's Old Town + Middle of the World Private Tour
- Roundtrip Domestic Airfare (Quito-Galapagos-Quito)
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee
- INGALA Transit Control Card
- 5-day Galapagos Islands Itinerary aboard any of our expedition vessels
- International flights
- Alcoholic beverages
- Wi-Fi onboard (due to the Galapagos’ remote location, internet connection is intermittent and low-bandwidth. A fee of $40+taxes per device.)
- Personal expenses (late checkout, laundry, gifts, etc)
- Meals not described in the program