2020-2021 Santa Cruz II Itineraries
5 Days Northern Galapagos, Monday to Friday
Join us as we discover the glorious white beach of Las Bachas, Santiago Island (Buccaneer Cove and Puerto Egas), Rabida, Bartolome Island, and the sunken crater of Genovesa Island, Galapagos’ best natural aviary. End the trip on a high note watching Galapagos giant tortoises stroll through their natural habitat in the highlands of Santa Cruz Island before heading to the airport at Baltra.
This comprehensive journey, starting and ending in Baltra, takes us to the oldest islands in the Archipelago. We visit the sea lions of Mosquera Islet before heading to see the red-footed boobies in San Cristobal, the island where Darwin first set foot in the Galapagos. Meet the endemic land iguanas of Santa Fe, observe the colours of South Plaza, and stop in at the world-famous Charles Darwin Research Station on Santa Cruz, before heading on to top-rated Española and North Seymour, with an in-between stop at Eden Islet.
Our journey begins at Dragon Hill on Santa Cruz Island, home to Galapagos land iguanas. The next day is spent at Isabela Island (Punta Vicente Roca) and Fernandina Island, the pristine jewel of the national park. From there, we are on to the world-famous Charles Darwin Research Station and its captive tortoise breeding program. Floreana Island’s Post Office Bay and Punta Cormorant round off the trip with insights into human presence on the islands.
- Galapagos itineraries are subject to change due to weather, logistical factors, Galapagos Park regulations and unforeseen events
- All rates are subject to change. If fuel prices increase, additional charges may apply
- During peak season dates, Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to prioritize reservations taking into account factors such as payment and confirmation dates
- Metropolitan Touring reserves the right to limit the number of Explorer and Voyager cabins (twin/double) for single use dependent on availability
- Explorer and Voyager cabins (twin/double) for single use incur a 15% surcharge. Only 7 cabins are available for single use
- Regardless the number of cabins occupied, the ship’s authorized maximum operating capacity cannot exceed 90 guests
- There’s no laundry service on-board but there are two domestic dryers for your use