Quito Land of Bears post Mashpi Lodge
Information of Activities
Post Conference tour Date & Price
Mashpi lodge is designed to completely immerse you in the cloudforest, while keeping its creatures safely at bay – a luxury cocoon amid the clouds and tumbling mountains. The rooms, arranged over three floors, all face north, with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, some on two sides, with the forest just a few meters away.
- – 2Days/1Night: Wayra Doble room – USD 681,00 p/p
- – 3Days/2Nights: Wayra Doble room – USD 1362,00 p/p
- Spaces available: November 18-22, 2017
- Closets with safe deposit boxes
- Bathrooms with luxury amenities and hairdryers
- Desks, chairs and furniture
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Accommodations, all meals, guided daily excursions (in English and Spanish only) to primary forest, aerial tram, rivers and lagoons along the reserve, and specialized lectures. Rain ponchos and rubber boots
- Transfers out (shared basis), includes entrance fee and visit to the Pululahua Crater and the Tulipe Archaeological Site
- Transfer out (Mashpi-Quito, shared basis).
- Gifts and additional items.
- Activities outside the reserve (kayak, bike, kanopying etc).
- Sun block
- Walking shoes/sneakers
- Socks: we recommend joggers’ socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Asics Tegan Knee-High or Kayano Classic Quarter are both good options. 2 pairs per day are ideal.
- Light-weight, earth- or dark-coloured, long-sleeved T-shirts and shirts
- Earth- or dark-coloured, light-weight trousers
- Light fleece/sweater
- Goretex jacket – guests will also be supplied with waterproof ponchos
- Insect repellent (natural, not chemical like DEET)
- Good binoculars (Guides will have pairs to share)
- Small backpack for trails
- 6 Ziploc bags of different sizes for keeping things dry
- Sealable bag for packing dirty laundry in luggage
- Headlamp (or Flashlight)
- Extra batteries
- Appliance chargers. Plugs in Ecuador are US-style, 2 flat pins 110 volts. 220 volt adaptors can be supplied upon request.