Peru Special Deals: Essential Peru
Peru Special Deals: Essential Peru (6 days / 5 nights experience to Lima / Puno /Cusco / Machu Picchu)
Discover the heart and soul of one of the most fascinating civilizations in the Americas, the Incas. Travel from the coastal city of Lima across to the soaring Andean mountains to Machu Picchu and Cusco, capital of the Inca Empire and on to the vast altiplano with its unique island tribes on Lake Titicaca. Immerse yourself in these fascinating cultures and take with you the memories of the incredible panoramas of Peru.
Sample 6 Day Itinerary
You will also receive a contact information sheet with all the hotels information as well as our office's contact information for each city and a 24-hour emergency number.
Dinner and overnight. (D)
Upon your arrival to Cusco's airport you will be met by our transferman who will assist you with your luggage and drive you to the hotel for your check-in. Morning at leisure to rest in your hotel in order to avoid altitude sickness.
This afternoon you will go on a private escorted sightseeing tour of the city of Cusco, archaeological capital of South America. Cusco also has the finest examples of Inca history and architecture. A visit of the city's most important historical monuments, The Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, the Koricancha Temple, and a visit to the surrounding ruins of the Kenko Amphitheater, Tambomachay, Puca Pucara, and Sacsayhuaman Fortress. After the tour you will be driven back to your hotel for dinner and overnight. (B,D)
Upon arrival to the ruins, you will begin a private guided tour of the lost citadel.
Buffet lunch at MachuPicchu Sanctuary Lodge.
Afternoon return to Cusco by train accompanied by your private guide. Upon arrival at Cusco train station you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you to you the hotel. Dinner and overnight. (B,L,D)
We proceed to the beautiful Town of Andahuaylillas, and visit the Church of San Pedro de Andahuaylillas, better known as the Sistine Chapel of the Americas, due to its decorated polychrome ceiling. About 70 km further on, we pass through La Raya Ranch where we can see herds of vicuñas and llamas. Then we travel along the High Plateau of Collao, stopping at the Town of Ayaviri, an important livestock and textile Centre, to visit the impressive Temple of Kalasaya, ruins from the ancient Pucara Culture.
Lunch in a countryside restaurant, where we can enjoy the delightful culinary art of the region. Afternoon arrival in Puno and transfer to your selected hotel in Puno.
Dinner and overnight. (B,L,D)
Upon arrival at the Town of Taquile we will have a lunch. Then we will walk through the various hills and archaeological sites of this 6 km long Island. In the afternoon, return to Puno for dinner and overnight at your hotel. (B, L,D)
Upon arrival in Lima, assistance with all departure formalities for your International homebound flight. (B)
- Meals: As indicated in the itinerary
- Transfers: Included in private transportation
- Train tickets (Vistadome coach)
- Bus tickets to and from the Machu Picchu ruins
- Entrance ticket to the Machu Picchu ruins
- Excursions and tours with local English speaking guides
- 5 Nights hotel accommodations
- International and domestic airfares.
- Meals or any other item not described in the itinerary.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to guides and hotels’ staff.
- International airport tax from Lima: US$ 30.25 – subject to change.
- Domestic airport taxes Lim/Cus/Lim : US$ 11.09 – subject to change.
- Local taxes (19% V.A.T. is applicable only to Peruvian and foreign residents of Peru; in order to be exempted you will need to show your passport)
Cusco’s climate is divided into two differentiated seasons: the rainy season, from November to April (the heaviest rainfalls occurring usually between January – March); and the dry season, from May to October. The dry season is colder, so temperatures can drop to below 0 degrees at night.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain or cold
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Original passport
Your Galapagos Travel Expert Since 1953