National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World 10 Days/9 Nights $4,272 PP
Day by Day
Welcome to Quito and Ecuador! At the airport you will be greeted by a member of our staff who will escort you all the way to your hotel, giving you a short briefing on Quito and the country in general with valuable information you need to know at first hand. Private Service with guide and driver, baggage handling of two pieces of luggage per person at hotel and at airport. Hotel Hilton Colon in Quito (deluxe room)
Quito’s colonial quarter, the largest and best preserved of South America, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will stroll at the Independence Plaza, flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. We will visit the temple of *La Compañia de Jesús and its awesome gilded interior. We will continue on to the Monastery of San Francisco, one the of great religious buildings of the New World; its impressive façade and atrium that lead to its Baroque interior influenced by Moorish style, with the winged Virgin of Quito at its main altar. The tour ends at a lookout point with a great view of Quito.
Hotel Hilton Colon in Quito (deluxe room).
Day 3 to 5
The adventure begins in Ecuador’s heritage capital, Quito, at our 8 AM pick-up time for guests staying in Quito’s main hotels (Time will be confirmed by our Operations Department). Mashpi Reserve, a 1,300 hectare (3,200 acres) conservation property located within the Metropolitan District of Quito, forms a part of the Ecuadorian Choco rainforest, known as one of the world’s greatest biodiversity hotspots. The sudden shift in altitude (from 2800 masl to 1000 masl) will allow us to discover the spectacular natural diversity of the Andean landscape as we travel through the dry valley of Pomasqui towards the cordillera’s western flank, into lush, misty cloud forest, and finally reach Mashpi. On our way to Mashpi, we visit the archaeological ruins at Tulipe, said to have belonged to the ancient Yumbo civilization of pre-Inca Quito, set in a magical forested location. We’ll taste delicious Ecuadorian appetizers and fresh-brewed coffee prepared by members of the local community before our final one-hour descent into Mashpi Reserve. Mashpi Lodge Program, Wayra Twin/Double Room.
Hotel Hilton Colon in Quito (deluxe room).
Transfer out Quito to take your Galapagos flight.
Day 6 to 10
Finch Bay Complete Program, Twin/Double Room.
The award-winning Finch Bay Eco Hotel lies just steps from the beach in a secluded location, across the bay from Puerto Ayora on the island of Santa Cruz. Guests cherish the hotel’s privacy, natural surroundings, swimming pool, fine dining and superb service.
- Quito airport is located about one and half hours from Quito depending on traffic conditions, please make sure you do not leave anything behind.
- Hotel Hilton Colon Quito for two nights: located in the Mariscal, one of the most central areas of Quito. This neighborhood is famous for cultural activities and nightlife and lies conveniently between the modern and colonial centers of the city. Guests will find the perfect balance between the modern and historic part of the city along with a beautiful view of the Andes visible from each room.
2019 Price, Included and Not Included
Package price: $ 4,272 pp
- Transfers in/out Quito. Buffet Breakfast at Hotel Hilton Colon in Quito.
Finch Bay Program:
- Airport Assistance in Quito (available only for flights designated for these programmes)
- Ground transfers in/out in Galapagos (shared service)
- All meals (buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- 4 nights of accommodation in a double/twin room
- 2 full day island yacht explorations (North Seymour, South Plaza, Santa Fe and Bartolome; islands will be confirmed upon booking aboard the hotel's own yacht, the Sea Lion or similar craft)
- 1 full day land exploration with lunch
- Arrival day visit with lunch
- Snorkel & Kayak Equipment
- All meals and soft drinks
- Specialized lectures
- Shared Guided visits (English/Spanish) within the Reserve
- Shared transfers (In/Out) from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, JW Marriot, Swissotel)
- Waterproof ponchos and rubber boots
Finch Bay Programme:
- Air Ticket Quito-Galapagos-Quito
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee*
- Migration Control Card*
- Alcoholic beverages, gratuities/tips, laundry or valet services and additional items
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities with extra cost: kayaking, mountain biking, diving and surfing.
*At your request, we can include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee of US$100 and migration control card fee of US$20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on one of our programme operation departure dates. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a programme departure date or if booking accommodation only.
- Dragonfly, $49 USD + taxes per person per stay for all activities that incorporate this service; $24 USD + taxes per children under the age of 12.
- Gifts and additional items
- Private Guide (extra cost)
- SPA Services
- Promotion valid for new bookings for departures in 2019 (except Peak Season - 20th Dec., 2019 until 3rd Jan., 2020). Subject to availability
- Accommodation in double/twin room
- Price per person based on twin/double standard occupancy
- Hotels subject to availability (or similar standard)
- $ 500 pp nonrefundable deposit
- Not applicable with other promotions
- You can combine this program with any of our Galapagos cruises’ itineraries. Our travel experts will customize your request and quote based on your needs.
- Restrictions apply
- Exclusively for direct customers
- For travel agencies or tour operator rates, please contact us
Your Galapagos Travel Expert Since 1953