Mountain Bike Pululahua Geobotanical Reserve, MT-7000
(Private, one day, daily, from Quito) Includes lunch. Entrance fee to Pululahua Reserve is not included. Level: Moderate to Challenging
Explore off the beaten path of Ecuador’s many wonders; visit remote and unspoiled regions; bike, ride or trek along breathtaking scenery. If you have a zest for life, a yen for adventure, a taste for the unseen and an eye for color and beauty, Ecuador will instantly enchant you. Because of its location on the Equator and the Andes mountain ranges, Ecuador has no real seasons and it receives the most amount of sunlight on the planet. Ecuador’s unique climate allows for year-round operation of outdoor adventure programs.
- Cycle through dense western cloud forest into the heart of the Pululahua active crater.
- Descend 400 meters on small dirt roads to the crater valley floor.
- Cross the Equator Line (Latitude 0º)
- Enjoy mystical vegetation such as wild orchids, interesting bird life, and landscapes.
- Ride inside a volcanic caldera.
- Visit a traditional sugar cane Hacienda where a local drink called “Puntas” is distilled.
- Private transportation and vehicle support from Quito
- Bilingual MTB guide
- Accommodations and meals
- KHS & TREK mountain bikes with front suspension (RST), 21 speed shimano components.
- Helmets and gloves.
- Pululahua Reserve entrance fee $7
Travel Time: 2-3 hours round trip.
Riding Time: 3-4 hours depending on physical condition
Altitude: 8,528 t0 7,216 feet above sea level (2,600 to 2,200 meters)
Avg. Temperature: Day 54-79° F/12-26 ºC