Scenic Tour of Quito, 3 hours, daily
Scenic Tour of Quito, 3 hours, dailyA visit to downtown Quito to relish in this urban jewel and its treasures of art and architecture. Quito’s colonial quarter, the largest and best preserved of South America, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day by day itinerary
The stroll starts at the Independence Plaza, flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. Visit the temple of La Compañía de Jesús and its awesome gilded interior. Continue on to the Monastery of San Francisco, one the of great religious buildings of the New World; its impressive façade and atrium that lead to its Baroque interior influenced by Moorish style, with the winged Virgin of Quito at its main altar. The tour ends at a lookout point with a great view of Quito.
This is a walking tour at an altitude of 2800 meters (9200 feet) and involves climbing stairs. Dress in layers (T-shirt, blouse, sweater, coat). Women should not wear shorts nor miniskirts as visits to churches are included. Take a sweater even if the day is warm and sunny. Rain protection advised in the afternoon. Sun protection (SPF 40). Good walking shoes.
Tour visits to churches on Sundays are not allowed.
Museums are closed on Mondays and Holidays
- Journey to the Source of Chocolate in the Amazon
- Live Quito Like a Local
- Panoramic Quito by night and dinner 3 hours, nightly
- Quito & the Middle of the World plus lunch, 6 hours, daily
- Quito and the Middle of the World (4½ hours, daily)
- Quito Cultural Heritage
- Quito, a journey through art and history
- The Middle of the World (3 hours, daily)
- Tulipe: Ancient Sun Culture, full day with lunch, Wednesday to Sunday
Your Galapagos Travel Expert Since 1969