Mashpi Lodge – Packing List
Guests will be supplied with rubber boots. Please ensure you send us your size. The lodge also supplies walking poles, but you may want to bring your own.
- Sun block
- Walking shoes/sneakers
- Socks: we recommend “joggers” socks that don’t slip easily inside rubber boots. Asics Tegan Knee-High or Kayano Classic Quarter are both good options. 2 pairs per day are ideal.
- Light-weight, earth- or dark-coloured, long-sleeved T-shirts and shirts
- Earth- or dark-coloured, light-weight trousers
- Light fleece/sweater
- Goretex jacket – guests will also be supplied with waterproof ponchos
- Insect repellent (natural, not chemical like DEET)
- Good binoculars (Guides will have pairs to share)
- Small backpack for trails
- 6 Ziploc bags of different sizes for keeping things dry
- Sealable bag for packing dirty laundry in luggage
- Headlamp (or Flashlight)
- Extra batteries
- Appliance chargers. Plugs in Ecuador are US-style, 2 flat pins 110 V. 220V adaptors can be supplied upon request.
The small boutique at the lodge sells a range of books, guides, clothing (T-shirts, shirts, hats, buffs), crafts, as well as essentials (batteries, health care products, etc.).
We kindly ask that luggage not exceed 45 lbs (20 kilos) in weight, with one item per person.
Due to the Lodge’s waste water management system, we request guests only use biodegradable soaps and shampoos (the Lodge supplies these as part of its amenities).
Your Galapagos Travel Expert Since 1969