Coastal Hacienda Tour Cocoa Plantation
Coastal Hacienda Tour (one day, daily from Guayaquil, Cocoa Plantation, min. 6 guests)
This is a great opportunity to have a close look at the lush natural scenery of the tropical lowlands of Ecuador, getting away from the big city and driving along tropical fruit plantations of the equatorial tropics– along roads dotted with colourful produce and local people. Guests have the opportunity to learn first-hand the way of life and traditions of Ecuador’s coastal peoples, enjoy the history of cocoa beans (Ecuador is among the main producers of high-quality cocoa in the world), and taste fresh and delicious natural juices. Lunch includes local ingredients, carefully prepared to the delight of our guests, including vegetarian options.
After breakfast, depart towards Hacienda La Danesa (haciendaladanesa.com), located 1 hour away from Guayaquil, at Km 55, on the way to Naranjito – Bucay. This is a touristic and social project that seeks to revive and celebrate life in the Ecuadorian countryside through authentic experiences and to show the “Montubio” culture of the Ecuadorian Coast. Guests will taste the best of fine aroma chocolate (Cacao de fina aroma) and enjoy excellent gastronomy with produce from the region.
Founded in 1870, La Danesa is located near one of the oldest railway stations of the Ecuadorian Montubian coastal region, between Naranjito and Bucay, in the warm embrace of the wonderful Andes.
In addition, participate in other activities such as: tubing, biking, hiking through the plantation, or milking a cow.
Enjoy lunch, cacao tasting and return to Guayaquil in the afternoon.
- This excursion is subject to change due to weather conditions that could lead to heavy rains and river floods in the region. We always place our guests’ safety and well-being first.
- Daily from Guayaquil.
- Wear light clothes for warm weather
- Bring a bathing suit, in case you want to go tubing
- Good walking shoes or sandals
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat or cap – sun protection is necessary even if is overcast
- Altitude: sea level
- Rain protection is advised, especially from January through May
- Do not wear perfume or sweet-smelling creams which attract unwanted insects
- Average temperature during the day: 22 °C to 32° C / 70 °F to 90 °F