Andes Tours – Papallacta pass thermal springs, 2 days
MT 291B (private, 2 days / 1 night, daily from Quito. Includes accommodations, meals and entrance fee to private pools (one day) and public pools, walks. Nature & Relaxation)
Located over 10,000 feet above sea level in a temperate montane forest, Papallacta Thermal Springs Resort is just two hours away from Quito. Nestled high in the Andean Cordillera at the entrance of the Amazonian jungle, Papallacta features several hot thermal spring pools of different sizes and temperatures, with hydro-massage and bubble jets; private pools are used by Metropolitan’s guests (the first day), but they also have access to the public pools if they wish. Resort facilities include a first-class hotel and restaurants offering local and international cuisine with the main specialty: fresh trout.
Day by day
In the afternoon relax and soak away life's aches and pains. Revitalize your body and soul in Papallacta's medicinal hot thermal spring pools experience the notable, restorative effects of the crystalline thermal waters (sulfate alkaline terreous). Submerge yourself in the warm water and take advantage of its curative properties in rheumatic, arthritic, digestive and respiratory processes. The water is odorless, crystalline and ever changing. Guests have unlimited use of the pools at the hotel, at the Spa or the larger public pools. Do try an after-dinner soak under the starry equatorial skies.
Our recommendations for the best possible experience:
- Dress warm in layers (T-shirt, blouse, sweater, and coat).
- Don't forget your bathing suit
- Take rain protection from February to May.
- Sun protection (SPF 40). Hat or cap even if it is overcast.
- Good walking shoes and an extra pair of socks. Temperature: Day 6° to 18°C/(43° to 65° F)
- Temperature: Night 5° to 10°C/(40° to 50° F)
- This tour includes walking and overnight at an approx. altitude of 3100m (10,000 feet).
If you have any heart condition, please consult your doctor before.
The water temperature in the hot springs pools fluctuate approx. between 36° to 40° C (97° to 104° F).
Use of the Resort SPA facilities (other than the pools the first day) has extra cost. Resort facilities include a first-class Spa that offers hydrotherapy using mineral, medicinal thermal water, therapies, massages, and treatments tailored to your needs.
For weekends and holidays reservations must be made within at least 60 days in advance and will apply rack rates for Papallacta Resort, please do not hesitate to ask your account executive for further information.
- Antisana and Papallacta Excursion, 2D / 1N, daily from Quito, includes accommodations and all meals MT-156
- Antisana Ecological Reserve, full day, daily, from Quito, includes lunch, private, MT-157
- Papallacta pass thermal springs, 1 day
Your Galapagos Travel Expert Since 1969