ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL UPDATE
Quito, June 25th, 2021
CHANGES FOR INBOUND TRAVEL TO ECUADOR AND THE GALAPAGOS
Beginning July 1st, 2021 travelers entering the Galapagos Islands will be able to use one of the following methods:
- A vaccination certificate (with all the required doses), dated at least 14 days prior to their flights, or
- A certificate of a negative PCR or antigen test taken within 72 hours of their flights for all travelers over 2 years old
- Travelers without vaccination cards flying to the Galapagos after spending time on Ecuador’s mainland, may be required to provide PCR or antigen test certificates, issued by an authorized Ecuadorian laboratory (see this list).
- A Galapagos Transit Control Card will need to be completed online (or at the airport) before the flight.
- The safe passage (salvoconducto) document is no longer a requisite (except for tour leaders).
Persons traveling from Brazil should contact a destination expert to go over additional travel requirements.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Destination Expert if you have any questions or concerns.