Misquilla: Sound Track and Flavours of Ecuador
MISQUILLA comes from the kichwa word mishquilla (“sweet”). It refers to the unique feeling involved in playing authentic, heartfelt Ecuadorian music. Misquilla came to life as a place to celebrate our music with the voices and instruments of iconic contemporary performers covering the rich musical universe of all of Ecuador’s regions.
Sound Track and Flavours of Ecuador
Enjoy a nocturnal tour of the Ecuadorian musical landscape that re-conceptualizes the traditional cantina (Ecuadorian tavern) into a modern experience, combining a unique recital of a particular Andean music – known as the “Pasillo” – with the most iconic Ecuadorian hors d’oeuvres and spirituous drinks.
Our preferential seats in Misquilla’s garage-chic cantina atmosphere – complete with carefully designed sound and lighting systems that showcase the performance – gives you the perfect vantage point for appreciating top Ecuadorian performers as they share with you their love for pasillos and albazos, traditional music from Ecuador’s highlands, in a one-hour show.
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel with English/Spanish speaking Guide and driver.
- Ecuadorian Music recital –one hour show-
- Tapas-style dinner.
- Assortment of Ecuadorian traditional drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic available). For more details, please request the menu.
- Personal purchases at the shop.
- Other drinks not specified on the menu.
- After the show you will be returned to your hotel by our driver and guide.
- The show stars at 7:30 P.M.
- This program is offered Thursday, Friday and Saturday on a private basis and Thursday and Friday on a shared basis.
- We offer shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Patio Andaluz, Marriott, Dann Carlton). To coordinate these transfers, we must have the guest’s hotel contact.
- Take a sweater or jacket. Quito can be chilly at night.
- Casual dress code.
- Pictures allowed without flash.