Ok. You’ve decided you and your family are fit for a Galapagos travel expedition cruise tour (take our Galapagos Cruise / Galapagos Vacations Personality Quiz here). You’ve gone ahead and booked your very own Galapagos Islands holidays. Now you’re searching the internet for packing lists for your Galapagos vacations. Most sites give long lists of things you must include in the ultimate Galapagos travel kit (including underwear), but it may be useful to have an understanding of what awaits you. So let me explain the central “concepts” of Galapagos Islands cruise vacations: the sun, the water, the photo opportunities, the volcanic terrain, and the fact that you will be on a cruise ship. If you are someone who likes to keep it simple, then make sure you’ve addressed these 5 elements and you’re good to go. (And you can always refer to the long list of Galapagos vacations packing lists around).
Here are some interesting points to keep in mind.
- Check out the new series of waterproof cameras (point-and-shoot high-resolution everything-proof devices that seemed to have been built precisely for Galapagos travel).
- Versatile clothing (and shoes), good for rugged terrain, that can get wet and dries quickly.
- Some use Bonine for motion sickness an hour before embarking on their Galapagos cruise tour (you probably won’t have to take it again).
- Zip-lock bags can be good for extra protection from the water and sand.
- Being in the middle of the ocean can be breezey.
Now you’re ready for your Galapagos travel expedition cruise tour!!! How does it feel?
For any questions regarding Galapagos Islands travel, please don’t hesitate to comment below! I’ll be glad to answer you… And for those who have already traveled to the Galapagos Islands on an expedition cruise tour, let us know what worked for you and what you wish you had brought on your excursion.